Today’s recipe is a super versatile and delicious make shift quiche! This recipe is my take on a quiche, I didn’t make a crust but I used cast iron pans when I baked them so they formed a crispy crust. I hope you try this one out and let’s get started!
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cups of diced red potatoes (I used around 12 red potatoes)
- 10 oz container of cherry tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cup chopped white mushroom
- 1 block of firm tofu (I used a 19 oz package)
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 cup of chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups of Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 4 tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast
- 2 “eggs” using your favorite egg replacer, mine is this one
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 cups vegan cheddar cheese (I used Daiya)
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil for sautéing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by preheating your oven to 450 degrees F.
- To make this recipe we are going to begin by chopping up our ingredients that need to be cooked down before adding them into the batter. Chop your onion, potatoes, bell pepper, mushroom and around three quarters of your tomatoes (set aside the rest, we will use a couple of them to color the batter). Once your veggies are chopped place them in a large skillet to sauté with your olive oil. Let the veggies cook down at medium to high heat and stir every few minutes.
- While your veggies are cooking down we are going to make the batter to hold the quiche together. In a food processor blend together your tofu, garlic, garbanzo bean flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, vegan cheese, and all your seasonings. Once that mixture is well combined add in the rest of your tomatoes and your vegan eggs (make sure to follow the directions on your egg replacer first). Pulse together and your batter is ready.
- Chop up your basil roughly and add it into your veggies, remove the skillet from the heat.
- Next, pour your batter into the pan and mix until all your veggies are incorporated into the batter.
- Pour your quiche batter into a baking dish, I prefer using cast iron for a dish like this so I lightly oil my cast iron pan and pour my batter into the pan, making sure it is even. I ended up using one medium pan and one smaller size pan.
- Place the quiches in the oven for 20-35 minutes or until they are golden brown. It is important to check them every ten minutes or so because they can burn quickly, you want them to be a golden brown and firm.
- When your quiches are done pull them out of the oven and let them cool for ten minutes and serve! Garnish with fresh herbs and/or your favorite sauce!
Servings: This recipe makes 6-8 servings
Prep/Cook Time: 1 hour
*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using this link.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, it is a fun one!