Happy Almost Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving is just around the corner so I thought I would share the recipe for one of my favorite side dishes, rosemary & molasses crispy sweet potatoes!!! This dish is super easy, it requires only a bit of prep and then throw them in the oven. The sweet potatoes turn out beautiful and this recipe would be a great addition to any holiday meal!
I hope you enjoy and try this one out!
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 6 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste (be generous with it)
*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using this link.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash your sweet potatoes and place them on a cutting board. You are going to cut thin slices into the sweet potatoes, but not all the way though. Be super careful, it is very easy to end up just cutting through the whole sweet potato. Stop your slice about a half inch to an inch away from the bottom. See the photo above for reference!
- Place all your sliced sweet potatoes in a baking dish and set them aside. Chop your fresh rosemary finely and add to a bowl. Add in your butter, molasses, cinnamon, salt and pepper to the bowl and mix until all your ingredients are well combined.
- Using a knife, spread the butter mixture over all of your sweet potatoes, making sure you get some of the butter into all the slices so everything is well coated.
- Set the sweet potatoes in the oven and allow them to cook until they are fork tender and crispy, the cooking time for me was one hour and twenty minutes.
- Once they are done, pull them out of the oven, let them cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
Servings: Makes 4-6 servings
Prep&Cook Time: 1 hour and 35 minutes