Everyone has their own Rice Crispy Treats recipe and to be honest there is a pretty standard right way to make them! So today I bring you my version of Rice Crispy Treats, that is both vegan and gluten-free and yes maybe a little boring and run of the mill but I love it! They are such an easy dessert to prepare and conquer even the toughest sweet tooth. I have been experimenting with vegan marshmallows and I have found a brand I absolutely love, Dandies! I found mine at Whole Foods, but you can buy them online as well.
Now let’s get started because in about 30 minutes you will have Rice Crispy Treats to eat!!
*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using this link.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, pour in your vegan marshmallows and coconut oil and place in the microwave until the mixture turns into marshmallow goo. I microwave mine in 30 second intervals until I get the right consistency, about 2 minutes usually.
- Take your bowl out of the microwave and pour in your vanilla extract. Mix everything together with a spatula until all your ingredients are well combined.
- Slowly add in your cereal to the mixture. I usually do about a cup of cereal at a time since it can get really difficult to mix. Mix until your marshmallow has coated each piece of cereal, I like to have my rice crispy treats to not be too even, I like the bits of marshmallow! But, mix yours however you prefer!
- OPTIONAL: Place about a teaspoon of coconut oil onto a paper towel and spread all over the inside of your dish. This will keep the rice crispy treats from sticking.
- Pour your mixture into your dish and using slightly damp or oiled hands press firmly until the mixture is evenly spread out and dense.
- Allow your treats to cool or place them in the refrigerator for speedier results! I like to cool mine for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Cut your rice crispy treats into whatever shape you desire and enjoy!
Servings: Makes 6-8 servings
Prep&Cooling Time: 10 minutes for prep, 20-50 minutes for cooling
Hope you like this recipe,