Today I have a super simple recipe for almond crackers. These are my favorite crackers to make and you can customize them anyway you like, I love just garlic, paprika and nutritional yeast! Dress them up or dress them down! I used a zig zap cutter to make the shape of the crackers, obviously I don’t have as much talent as I hoped but these can be made in a ny shape you like! These crackers are perfect for a snack or hors d’oeuvre and as always they are vegan and gluten-free! Let’s get into the recipe!
- 2 cups + 1 tablespoon of almond meal
- 2/3 cups of water
- 2/3 cups of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine together your almond meal, nutritional yeast, seasoning and water until a wet sand like dough has formed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Make sure to oil the parchment paper so your crackers don’t stick, I use coconut oil usually.
- Pour your dough out onto the parchment paper and with another sheet of oiled parchment paper, place that over the top of the dough (so the rolling pin doesn’t stick).
- Using a rolling pin, roll out your dough until it is about 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Peel back the top layer of parchment paper and now you can cut the shapes of your crackers. I used a zig zag cutter to make the squares and a round pastry tip to create the holes in the center of the cracker.
- Place them into the oven for 20 minutes, after the first 10 minutes check every few minutes to make sure they don’t overcook.
- Once they are golden brown take them out of the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving with cheese, dip or veggies!
Servings: Makes 4 servings
Prep & Cook Time: 30 minutes
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
*This post contains some affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using this link.