Today on the menu is a recipe that is super indulgent and comforting, 3 cheese Alfredo pesto lasagna! I made this recipe a couple times in the last couple months but most recently I made it for Mitch’s birthday, it has become one of our favorites. This recipe is definitely comfort food, super creamy and rich! Makes you take a second between bites! Before I start drooling, let’s get into the recipe!
- 2 boxes of gluten-free lasagna noodles
- 18 oz jar of Alfredo sauce (I used Victoria Vegan Alfredo Sauce)
- 18 oz jar of vegan pesto sauce (I used Victoria Vegan Alfredo Arugula Pesto Sauce)
- 4 oz of vegan mozzarella
- 4 oz of vegan parmesan
- 4 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- 1 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- salt and pepper to tast
- 1/2 lb of tofu
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon of Nutritional Yeast
- olive oil (to help blend tofu, add until desired texture is reached)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and place your lasagna noodles in the boiling water to cook (follow instructions on your pasta box).
- While the pasta is cooking you can start prepping your veggie filling. Finely chop your basil, spinach, onion, zucchini and garlic.
- In a large skillet pour in your veggies with some oil or water and turn onto medium heat. Add in your seasoning and stir continuously so everything cooks down evenly.
- Once your onions brown and your spinach has wilted down, take the skillet off the heat and set aside.
- The last thing to prep is your ricotta filling. In a food processor add in all your ingredients except you olive oil. Pulse together adding olive oil slowly until a crumbly/smooth texture is achieved.
- When your noodles have finished cooking, turn the heat off and strain them. I do prefer to leave them in the water because I find that gluten-free lasagna noodles get really sticky and if they are in the water they can be pulled out easily with a pair of tongs! But use the method that you are comfortable with.
- Almost done! Time to assemble, in a large casserole dish cover the bottom of the dish with Alfredo sauce (I like to alternate Alfredo sauces each layer). Add your first layer of noodles, a thin layer of ricotta, veggies, some Alfredo sauce and a little bit of your vegan cheeses. Continue with your layers until you have used all your ingredients.
- Cover the lasagna with your remaining Alfredo sauce and top off with the rest of your vegan mozzarella and parmesan.
- Place in the oven to bake for 35-45 minutes or until it is golden brown and bubbly! Let the lasagna cool for 5 minutes (if you can wait) and then enjoy!!
Servings: Makes 6-8 Servings
Prep & Cook Time: 80 minutes
Hope you try this one out! A showstopper and easily customizable!
*This post contains some affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using this link.