Spaghetti Squash is a wonderful alternative to regular pasta, whether you are dieting or just looking for something to funk up pasta night, spaghetti squash is the way to go.
Let’s Get Started
Walnut Rosemary Pesto Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1/4 cup of walnuts
- 1 avocado
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut your spaghetti squash in half, this takes a little muscle ha! Place the halves down on a oiled baking sheet and bake them in the oven for around 30-40 minutes or until the “spaghetti” squash can be easily poked with a fork.
- Take your squash out of the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before you start to remove the spaghetti. Place the rest of your ingredients except for the bell pepper into your food processor and pulse until you have a pesto like sauce.
- Finely chop your bell pepper and sauté it in a medium skillet with some olive oil.
- Next, using a fork scrape out the spaghetti squash into a dish of your choice (make sure to remove the seeds first, I do this before I bake the squash).
- Pour your pesto into the dish and mix well, add in your bell peppers and crushed walnuts for a topping and voila! You have a delicious dinner!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Servings: Makes 2-4 servings
*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using this link.