This recipe is one I make for Mitch whenever he asks me for a protein shake, it has many variations but this is the one I have recently made and I think it was a winner!! Haha!
A protein shake is fairly simple, but a good protein powder is a must. The one we have been recently buying is Orgain Organic Protein, it is not expensive, and packed with good sources of protein!
Onto the recipe!
THE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE PROTEIN SHAKE
- 2 scoops of Chocolate Orgain Organic Protein Powder
- 1 1/2 cup non-dairy milk of your choice (I use this brand)
- 3 tablespoons of almond butter
- 1 banana chopped
- 1 tablespoons of dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of chopped walnuts
- A sprinkle of coconut flakes
- I started out by chopping up my banana and lining the bottom of my glass with the clices.
- Then I mixed together the almond milk, almond butter, and protein powder in a bowl and put it in the freezer to thicken. (For about 10 minutes)
- Once the mixture was chilled, I poured it into my glass and then put it back in the freezer for an additional 10 minutes to thicken up some more.
- Then I took the glass out, scooped a little bit of almond butter and put it in the glass along with the other toppings (chocolate, walnuts and coconut) and then gave it to Mitch to enjoy!!
How long does this recipe take? 25 minutes!
To see Mitch’s post about protein powders click here!!
Such an easy recipe yet a little more interesting then a regular protein shake! I hope you enjoyed!