Chicken Nugget fanatics gone vegan, I have the recipe for you! Whether you want them in nuggets or patties for burgers this is the BEST vegan nug recipe. Taste just like them, oh how I loved chicken nuggets. But now there is nothing to miss because you can have them! Gluten-free and Vegan!
Let’s get started!
- If you want to make tofu nuggets, rip the tofu into bite size nuggets, hehe. If you are making patties, cut the tofu into rectangle slices.
- To create your dredge, mix together your seasonings, nutritional yeast and flour on a plate.
- To make your liquid, whisk the BBQ sauce into your nondairy milk in a bowl.
- To start coating your tofu first dust the nuggets/patties in the flour mixture then dunk them into the liquid and back into the flour until they are completely coated. Move them onto a baking tray once you are done with each piece.
- In a pot heat up some frying oil while you continue to coat each piece.
- Once all the tofu is ready start frying them in batches, about 2 minutes, or until they are crispy golden brown.
- Put them on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil and voila you have crispy tofu nuggets or ready to eat patties!
- Prepare how you desire! I kept it simple with just BBQ dipping sauce for the nuggets and a BBQ sandwich with pesto fries for my patties! YUM
This are delicious and everyone will love them! Enjoy & HAPPY COOKING!