Today I present to you a fairly simple and filling recipe: The Stuffed Portobello Mushroom. I had never made one before a few months ago, but then I started trying out different ingredients and recipes. I cam up with this one and I really hope you enjoy, it has become a staple dinner at our house!
Let’s Get Started
- 1 can of organic pinto beans
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 zuchini
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil
- 1/2 cup of parsley
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespooon of fresh sage
- 1/4 cup of Nutritional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seed
- salt and pepper to taste
- To start off preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Place your portobello mushrooms (drizzled with olive oil) in the oven for 10 minutes while you prepare your filling.
- In a food processor blend your pinto beans (rinsed and drained), your herbs, garlic and seasonings until it is all incorporated.
- Chop your zucchini into halved slices and fold it into the mixture. Remove the mushrooms from the oven and spoon in the mixture into each one.
- Once they are filled, sprinkle some Nutritional Yeast over the top and place them back into the 450 degree F(2015 degree C) oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take mushrooms out of the oven and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this savory and quick dish!