Today’s recipe is super quick! I discovered it by accident while making dinner last week and I had to remake it and post a recipe!
Let’s Get Started
Fire Roasted Stuffed Green Bell Peppers
- 3 green bell peppers
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 can of refried jalapeño black beans (I used Trader Joes brand)
- 1 can of yellow corn
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning (more or less if desired)
- To start off preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Next rinse your green bell peppers and place them on your gas burner or grill to get them charred on the outside. I let them sit for around a minute on each side so they have some charring but aren’t totally black. Then place them off the heat onto a cutting board to cool.
- While your peppers are cooling, it is time to start the filling. In a large sauté pan with some olive oil mix together your cooked brown rice (I cook mine in a rice cooker and have it prepared in advance) and your can of refried black beans.
- Chop your tomatoes, mash your avocado and pour that into your pan. Next add in your taco seasoning and corn and mix until it is all well incorporated. Turn off the heat and prepare to stuff!
- Cut your bell peppers in half and cut out the center seeds. Place the halves in a baking dish and stuff them completely with the filling. You can sprinkle your favorite vegan cheese on top (my favorite is the Daiya Jalapeño Havarti Style Block) and place them in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Add toppings such as vegan sour cream, more avocado or hot sauce, and serve! Yum! I served mine with some homemade corn tortilla chips!
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Servings: Makes 6 servings
Hope you enjoy & happy cooking!