Enchiladas X Shepherd’s Pie
A funky mix of enchiladas and shepherd’s pie that is definitely a easy but impressive dinner! Serve with tortilla chips and guacamole or just on its own! Let’s get into the recipe!
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 tomato
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of enchilada sauce
- 1 can of yellow corn
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 can of black beans
- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- For this recipe, we are going to start out with the mash potatoes. Boil the potatoes until fork tender. Strain them and mash until they are smooth. Add in your almond milk, olive oil, and seasoning (chili powder, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper) and stir until everything is well combined.
- Strain and rinse a can of black beans and fold them into your mash potatoes. Now you can set that to the side while we work on the filling.
- In a medium skillet with some olive oil, sauté your zucchini, bell pepper, chopped garlic, and tomato, and let that cook down until they are tender.
- Once your veggies are cooked down add in a can of strained yellow corn and one can of your favorite enchilada sauce. Stir that together and set it aside.
- In an oven safe dish place your corn tortillas to cover the bottom of the dish and pour in your filling.
- Either with a piping bag or a spatula cover your filling with your mash potatoes until it looks “decent” haha!
- Place it in the oven for 20 minutes and then it is ready to eat! Serve while hot with any toppings you desire! Enjoy!
Servings: Makes 4-6 servings
Prep&Cook Time: 45 minutes