Everyone loves sausages. Breakfast sausages, italian sausages, every kind! When I first went vegan I looked everywhere for a meat alternative to sausage! But, since I am gluten-free this came with no luck. All the sausages I found in the grocery store had wheat in them and always SOY. I decided to test out some recipes and I ended up making my own sausage recipe. It is super quick and can be changed depending on how you like your sausages! These tasty things make a great addiction to breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Let’s get started!
Gluten-free & Vegan & Soy Free Sausage
- 1 can of rinsed pinto beans
- 1/2 of an onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon of sage
- 1/8 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- 4-8 tablespoons of chickpea flour (Depending on how much flour you will need to create the shapes)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil (for frying)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First off you want to rinse your pinto beans and pour them into your food processor.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients and seasonings to the food processor and pulse it until it is a well combined dough (I only used 4 tablespoons of flour for the food processor and added the flour as I made my sausages).
- On a floured surface roll your dough (adding more flour if needed) into sausages or shape them into patties.
- Once you have all of your sausages ready, heat some olive oil in a medium skillet and fry each sausage until they are crispy on the outside and nice and golden brown!
- Serve immediately and enjoy!!!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: Makes 4 servings
Hope you enjoyed this recipe and happy cooking!