Today we are making a simple, rustic and deliciously fragrant recipe: Sage Roasted Mushrooms. These mushrooms are cooked with herbs and garlic and caramelize beautifully. They are the perfect side dish or addition to potatoes. I hope you try this recipe out because it is so quick but makes for a show stopping presentation and flavor.
Let’s Get Started
- First off, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Next you are going to wash and chop up your Crimini mushrooms, I cut the mushrooms into thick slivers. Once they are chopped add them into a cast iron pan (If you don’t have one add them to a skillet, and then transfer to an oven safe dish when you bake them).
- Finely chop your sage and add it to the pan, along with your salt and pepper, cloves of garlic (I left mine whole) and olive oil.
- Turn your burner onto medium heat and sauté lightly until your mushrooms are golden brown. This took me about 5 minutes.
- Once they have caramelized a bit place them into the oven for 2o minutes at 35o degrees F(175 degrees C).
- Once they are ready you can serve them however, I usually put them on top of mash potatoes! YUM!
Hope you enjoy this recipe it really is so easy but very flavorful! It will brighten up any dinner!