Where I live it gets really hot during the summer, so my body usually craves a ton of fruits and green salads. Even though it is only April it is already in the 80s out so I decided to make one of my favorite warm weather foods: watermelon salad! There are so many ways to make watermelon salad but this is my favorite and the most simple! Only three ingredients needed and you will have a refreshing snack, meal or side dish! Whoohoo!
REFRESHING WATERMELON SALAD
- 1 watermelon
- 1 lime
- 3- 4 tablespoons of fresh chopped mint
- First off you are going to chop up your watermelon into cubes and place them in a large salad bowl.
- Next squeeze the juice of one lime over all the watermelon.
- Finely chop your fresh mint and sprinkle over your watermelon, then give it a good mix!
- Once the “salad” is totally mixed you are ready to enjoy your delicious watermelon!!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Servings: This depends, I would say as a vegan Mitch and I ate this in two meals, half a watermelon each. But as a side salad I would say 6-8 servings.
I hope you enjoy this recipe it is so quick!