Tortilla soup isn’t something I eat often but last week I got a craving to try cooking it up. I browsed through the basic ingredients, headed to the grocery store and when I got back I was excited to whip up a soup perfect for a warmer evening. I am a soup enthusiast, doesn’t matter if it is hot or cold I looove soup!
This tortilla soup is super easy and took less than 30 minutes to cook! You can go crazy with toppings and additions or just keep it simple. This soup is not only perfect for the night of but it is great for … LEFTOVERS! One of my favorite things to do is reinventing last nights dinner. I made it into make shift enchiladas for lunch and loaded nachos for dinner!
& as always this recipe is both gluten-free and vegan! Yay!
- Start out by heating a pot with some olive oil in it and finely chop your onion, then throw it into the pot.
- While the onions start cooking finely chop a 16 oz package of tomatoes, as well as your bell peppers and add them to the pot once they are chopped. Stir as much as you please!
- Finely chop 2 cloves of garlic and add them to the pot.
- Then add the vegetable stock and stir well (your onions and tomatoes should be cooked down)
- Then add your chopped cilantro and can of rinsed black beans and yellow corn.
- Lastly, add in your seasoning, lime juice and salt and pepper and let it boil for as long as you please! (I waited 10 minutes)
- Prepare your toppings of choice, I used fried tortilla strips, avocado, sour cream and some lime slices.
- Scoop your soup into a bowl, add toppings & enjoy!!
I hope you love this recipe, it has quickly turned into one of my favorite soups to make!