Today’s recipe is one I am very excited about, potato latkes. These are completely vegan and gluten-free and very delicious, so let’s get started!
Vegan & Gluten-free Potato Latkes
- 8 yukon gold potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 cup of chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon of Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Fill a pot up with water and bring it to a boil. Take three of your eight potatoes and quarter them and boil them until fork tender. These potatoes will be the binder to replace the egg.
- With your other five potatoes start to grate them using a cheese grater. Put the shreds into a bowl once you have grated all five potatoes. Add in all your seasonings and baking powder and mix.
- Once your three boiling potatoes are fork tender, strain them and mash them until they are a smooth consistency (you can also use a food processor for this step).
- Mix your mashed potatoes into your bowl with the grated potatoes and seasoning, add in your chick pea flour and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat with a tablespoon or so of olive oil in it. Form patties (whatever size your prefer) and start frying them. Brown them on both side for about 1-2 minutes and then place on a baking tray.
- Once you have all your latkes formed and golden brown put them in the oven for 25 minutes at 400 degrees F. Then they are ready to eat! Serve with dipping sauce of your choice 🙂
Makes 16 medium latkes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using this link.
Happy Cooking & Enjoy!