I was never a huge meatball fan when I used to eat meat but I feel like when you go vegan you start wanting to create substitutes for all the regular dishes people eat in their homes! Meatballs is one of them, and what is better than a meatball made out of beans or quinoa? POLENTA BALL!! I love polenta I think it is a creamy and delicious ingredient that is so versatile.
Today the recipe I have for you is for polenta herb balls, creamy on the inside with a crispy exterior, great flavor and a perfect dinner, snack or appetizer!
Let’s get started!
- Start by blending your tube of polenta and olive oil in the food processor until smooth.
- Then, add in a;; your herbs and seasoning and pulse until it is all incorporated.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and fold in 1/2 cup of chickpea flour, this will keep the polenta from falling apart in the fryer.
- Roll into balls (whatever size you may prefer) and dust them in the leftover flour and place them in the freezer for 10 minutes while the oil heats up.
- In a pot heat up canola oil (I fill the oil up around 1/3 of the way up the pot)
- Once the oil is hot drop in your polenta balls (I did batches of 3) and fry until golden brown, this took a couple of minutes for me
- After you have cooked all your polenta balls, you can now add them into a sauce, or eat them on their own!!
These are a delicious and very indulgent little snack!
As always ENJOY & Happy Cooking!!!