Happy Sunday Everyone!
Today’s recipe is for simple polenta fries which are a “healthier” alternative to traditional potato fries. These only take around 30 minutes (baking included) and are a delicious addition to your favorite veggie burger!
Let’s Get Started
- 1 tube of polenta
- 1/2 cup of gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sage
- 1/8 teaspoon of rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon of chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (for frying)
- First off preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut your tube of polenta open and cut the polenta into nice thick strips.
- To prepare your flour mixture mix together your flour, Nutritional Yeast and seasonings on a large plate.
- Cover each polenta fry completely in the flour mixture and place on a plate/baking tray.
- In a large sauce pan heat up some olive oil and place as many polenta fries as you can into the pan to fry them. Let them brown on each side and then place them back on a baking tray.
- Once all fries are done place the baking tray in the oven for 1o minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Take your fries out of the oven, pair them with your favorite sauce and enjoy!!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes 2 servings of fries
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using this link.