Potatoes may be everyone’s favorite food, but when you shrink them and toss them in dressing.. they get even better. I came up with this recipe weeks ago for a petite pesto potato salad, I made it for my parents (they are not vegan) and they loved it! So here it is, non-vegan approved and ready to be on your dinner plate tonight!
Petite Pesto Potato Salad – Vegan & Gluten-free
- 2 bags of petite rainbow potatoes
- 1 cup Vegenaise (I also use Pesto Vegenaise which is delicious!!)
- 1 cup finely chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Rinse your petite potatoes and pour them into a large oven safe dish. Add your Nutritional Yeast, olive oil, salt and pepper to the potatoes. Give them a nice stir and then place them in the oven for around 20-30 minutes to cook, or until they are fork tender.
- Once they are done roasting place your dish on the counter to cool until they are room temperature or you can place them in the fridge to be cold.
- In a small bowl mix together your Vegenaise, basil, garlic, red onion, chives and salt and pepper. Once this mixture is well combined, pour it over your petite potatoes and mix until each potato is covered.
- Enjoy right away or stick it in the fridge until dinner time!
Servings: Makes 6 servings
Prep time: 7 minutes
Cook time: 20-30 minutes + cooling time (20 minutes)
*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using this link.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! It is probably my favorite dish I have made so far! Happy Cooking!