When I was growing up my parents would barbecue all the time during the summer. I loved helping my dad with the grill and coming up with a new sauce for the meat (long before I knew what vegan was). Anyway, my mom used to mix one part kefir to one part mango chutney, and that is where my love affair with mango chutney started. I started making this dish then, when I was little, for family barbecues. Of course I no longer eat any animal products but good thing this dish never had any in it! It is so perfect for a big summer party, or dinner on a warm evening!
I hope you enjoy!
MANGO CHUTNEY CURRY RICE
- 4 cups white rice
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup pineapple (fresh, dried or canned for the top of the rice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook your rice either stove top or using a rice cooker. I used a rice cooker.
- While your rice is cooking you can grill your pineapple. I used dried pineapple this time and grilled it but it works great with fresh pineapple as well!
- When your rice is finished cooking pour it into an oven safe dish.
- Mix in your mango chutney, curry powder and seasoning into the rice and cover with some grilled pineapple and place in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F and serve!
Makes 4 servings
Prep&Cook Time: 1 hour (depends on your rice cooker)