So today’s recipe is one I made a few days after I made the Vegan Cheez Its. I try to not eat a lot of flour so I wanted something I could feel a little better about munching on. These crackers are so delcious and flavorful, I had no idea homemade vegan & gluten-free crackers could be so good!
Let the Snacking Begin
Jalapeño Hummus Crackers
- 1 3/4 cup of almond meal
- 1/4 cup of jalapeño hummus
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- First off preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, in a food processor combine all your ingredients and pulse until its a soft crumbly mass (shown in the picture above).
- Pour your dough out onto a flat surface with some almond meal sprinkled so it doesn’t stick, form it into a ball with your hands and roll it out.
- Once your dough is rolled out cut it into desired shapes. I just used a fork around the edges and in the middle for a little design, I definitely will plan it out better next time haha!
- Place your cut crackers onto a baking sheet and bake them for 15-20 minutes or until they are the desired crispiness.
- Take them out of the oven and enjoy with hummus and veggies or in your favorite soup!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Servings: Makes around 40 crackers depending on size