As the weather starts heating up, I always start shifting the food I make to lighter, fresher recipes that are not as heavy. In the summer I crave a lot of salads and fruit and in the winter I love potatoes, beets, broccoli you name it! This is one of the recipes that I experimented with this last week and it turned out so delicious!! I am excited to share this one, & I hope you enjoy and try it out!
p.s. Of course you can use whatever pasta you would like! I think Fusilli pasta or penne would be the best!
Let’s Get Started
Green Goddess Pasta Salad
- 1 package of Fusilli pasta (I used this one!)
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1 yellow squash
For the dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup vegenaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Nutritional Yeast
- 1/8 teaspoon of chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- To start off, fill a pot with water about three quarters of the way and set it on high heat and while you wait for it to boil, start chopping your vegetables (squash, zucchini, and bell pepper).
- In a large pan with a little bit of olive oil sauté your vegetables at medium heat until they have softened a bit, around 2-3 minutes.
- Remove you veggies from the heat and let them cool down. Once your water is boiling pour in your pasta and cook for the time recommended on the package! Once they are fully cooked drain your noodles and pour them into a large oven safe dish to cool.
- Now it is time to make the creamy avocado dressing! You can either use a blender, food processor or just a fork to make this dressing, I went with the food processor because I wanted the dressing to be very smooth! Add in all your ingredients to the food processor (avocado, lemon juice, garlic, sage, rosemary, olive oil and seasonings) and pulse together until you have a smooth consistency.
- Pour in your sautéed vegetables over the pasta and add the half cup of sweet corn, pour over the dressing and give this all a good mix! You want the dressing to be covering the whole salad completely.
- You can eat right away or keep it in the fridge for later!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5- 10 minutes
Makes 4 servings of pasta salad
Happy Cooking everyone! 🙂