Happy New Years Eve!
Recently, I posted a recipe for my crispy fried onions… well today I am bringing you the recipe that I usually make the onions for! It is a simple green bean dish with some delicious toppings! Feel free to add more ingredients or make it simpler! You can find the directions for my crispy fried onions, here! As always, this recipe is gluten-free and vegan! Hope you enjoy this recipe 🙂
Let’s Get Started
INGREDIENTS (Green beans + onions)
- 2 pounds of fresh green beans
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of vegan butter
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons of gluten-free flour
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of Nutritional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using this link.
DIRECTIONS (Green beans only)
- To start off, rinse your green beans and trim off the ends. Place your green beans into a pot, cover them with water and bring to a boil. Boil them until they are bright green and tender (about 2-5 minutes).
- Take your pot off the heat and drain your green beans. You may place them into an ice bath to keep their bright color but I usually don’t bother (just personally).
- Place your green beans in a serving dish and prepare your dressing. Mince your garlic and set aside.
- In a small bowl melt down your vegan butter and mix with your olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper. Pour over your green beans and mix well.
- Lastly, add as many fried onions as you want over your dish and serve!
You can find the directions for my fried onion recipe here!
Servings: Makes 4-6 servings
Prep & Cook Time: 35 minutes
Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a great holiday!