Today I bring to you one of my favorite vegetables! BEETS! I love beets anyway they are prepared but this has to be one of my favorite beet recipes! It is a lightly pickled salad with garlic, basil, onions and of course beets. This recipe is a perfect side dish or addition to your favorite salad! Let’s get into the recipe!
- 6 medium sized golden beets
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- To start off you will need to wash and peel your beets and slice them into thin rounds.
- Steam your sliced beets for about 25 minutes or until they are fork tender.
- While your beets are cooking prep your ingredients for the pickling liquid. Slice your onion into thin rounds and smash your garlic cloves.
- In a small pot add in water, apple cider vinegar, seasoning, your sliced onions and garlic cloves. Boil the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Slice your basil however you please and set aside.
- When your beets and pickling liquid are done cooking mix them together in the pot. Add in your basil and give the beet salad one more stir!
- Pour your salad into a jar or serving dish and enjoy!
Servings: Makes 8 servings
Prep & Cook Time: 45 minutes
These beets are delectable, quick and a super easy recipe to make! Hope you enjoy this recipe!