Today, I have a super fast recipe that will save your day when you are in need of a snack that keeps you full, tofu “egg salad”! I absolutely loved egg salad before I was vegan, it was so easy to make and made a great afternoon lunch. This recipe only has a couple ingredients and you just need your favorite bread and you are good to go! Let’s get into the recipe!
- 1/2 cup of chopped firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon of yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons of vegan mayo
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: 1 teaspoon of Nutritional Yeast
- Start with placing your block of tofu onto a cutting board and chop the tofu into small cubes, you can also pull apart the tofu if you want a more egg like texture.
- Place your tofu into a bowl and using a fork smash it until some of the tofu has crumbled but cubes are still intact. This makes the mixture seem very eggy ha!
- Add in your mustard, mayo and seasoning to your tofu and mix well!
- Your “egg” salad is ready! Serve with a crispy slice of bread or whatever you may be craving today!
Servings: Makes 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
*This post contains some affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using these links.
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy this recipe!