Happy Friday Everyone!
Today’s recipe is the ultimate comfort food. Pan fried eggplant over a bed of creamy vegetable polenta. This recipe is one that will impress! Although you will feel like you are indulging big time you don’t have to feel guilty because it is vegan and gluten-free!
Let’s Get Started
CRISPY EGGPLANT WITH CREAMY POLENTA
For the Eggplant:
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 cup of Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1/4 cup of Nutritional Yeast
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried sage
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Polenta:
- 1 tube of polenta
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of non-dairy milk (I used almond)
- 1 zucchini
- 2 vine tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 3 leaves of fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Start by preparing your batter for the eggplant. In a mixing bowl mix together your garbanzo bean flour, nutritional yeast, water and seasoning. Mix together until it is a similar consistency to pancake batter (you can adjust the amount of water for your liking).
- Slice your eggplant into 1/2 inch slices and heat some olive oil in a medium sauce pan. Dip your eggplant into the batter and once it is completely coated place them in the pan to fry them for 1 minute on each side. Then place them on a baking sheet.
- After all of your eggplant slices are fried put them in the oven at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- While the eggplant is cooking we can start on the polenta. Chop up all your veggies (zucchini, tomatoes, bell pepper and mushrooms) and heat a sauce pan with some olive oil (you can use the same one from the eggplant) and pour you veggies in. As they are cooking down, add in your garlic (chopped as well) and herbs and seasonings.
- When your veggies have cooked a bit pour in your non-dairy milk and mix in your polenta until it is creamy and smooth. YUM!
- Take out your eggplant from the oven and plate your polenta & crispy eggplant and you are ready to eat!
Servings: This recipe makes 2-4 servings (depending on your appetite! haha)
Prep&Cook time: 45 minutes
I really hope you try out this recipe and enjoy!