Cookie lovers unite! This super chocolatey recipe is a showstopper. I have tried to make a lot of gluten-free/vegan cookies and they usually either look good, but taste horrible, or they taste delicious but are a mess. To my surprise these cookies turned out stunning! (I mean the dough was firm enough to roll into perfect balls, come on) and when I took a test bite they also tasted so chocolatey and fudgey! SCORE.
Now onto tastier things…The recipe!
DOUBLE DARK CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Servings: This recipe made 14 large cookies
Preheat oven: 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup of vegan butter (I use Earth Balance)
- 1 1/2 cup of cane sugar
- 2 “eggs” (I use egg replacer so I follow the instructions for 2 eggs!)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of gluten-free flour (I use this one)
- 2/3 cup of cacao powder (I use this one)
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate (I used a regular dark chocolate baking bar but made sure it was vegan)
- 1 teaspoon non-dairy milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To start of mix your soften “butter” and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Once this mixture is incorporated add in your vanilla extract, egg replacer liquid and cacao powder.
- After you have mixed together the liquid ingredients add in your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt) and fold into the dough.
- At this stage the dough should be starting to come together but still a little crumbly, that is when you add in your 1 teaspoon of non-dairy milk to
pull the rest of the dough together. The dough should form in a beautiful, easy to manage soft ball but if it is still crumbly add in a little more non-dairy milk
until the right consistency is reached.
- Next chop of your dark chocolate or grab your dark chocolate chips and mix them into the dough.
- You can now roll your balls into desired size, I chose larger cookies, and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Place the cookies into the oven for around 10 minutes and pull them out to reveal a tray of gorgeous cookies! Let them cool and then EAT!!
I hope this recipe pleases the cookie lover in all of you! Happy Baking!!