Who doesn’t love an onion ring? Today’s recipe is for these delicious gluten-free and vegan onion rings! This is a really easy recipe to make but a hard one to share 😉
Let’s Get Started
CRISPY ONION RINGS
- 1 onion
- 1 cup of chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup of Nutritional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of water (You want the batter to be like pancake mix so add more/less if it is too thick/thin)
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Canola oil (for frying)
- Start by slicing your onion in 1/4 inch rings and separating the rings out on a plate.
- Mix together the rest of your ingredients into a mixing bowl until you get a pancake like consistency (add the water slowly).
- Heat up some canola oil in a pot of your choice.
- Coat each of the rings in the batter and then place them in the hot oil to fry (for 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown), cook them in batches of 3 and then place them on a baking sheet lined with paper towels to drain the excess oil.
- Once you have all of your onion rings fried up you can sprinkle them in some salt and pepper and get ready to enjoy! These rings are great with a BBQ sauce, vegan ranch or even just ketchup!
Makes 18-25 rings (depending on onion size)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1-2 minutes per batch, 15 minutes total
I really hope you try this one out! Happy Cooking!!!!