Today I have a very delicious little lunch creation to share! A vegan cross between caesar salad and a creamy green goddess dressing. So easy and makes a really satisfying lunch. I am not always a quinoa eater, actually I even prefer to stay away from it unless it is covered in something tasty, but Mitch loves it so want to try to incorporate it more into my recipes. Now before I talk to much, let’s get started with the recipe!
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1/2 cup grilled onions
- 1 tablespoon of fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon of fresh chives
- 3/4 cup of fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of non-dairy milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- I head of Romaine
- 1 cup of Spinach
- 2 1/2 cups of cooked rainbow quinoa
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoons toasted sunflower seeds
- optional: 2 stalks of asparagus for a topping
- optional: vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 slice of your favorite sourdough bread (about 1/2 cup of cubes)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- I like to start off with making my croutons. Cube your bread into bite sized bits and place them into a skillet with some olive oil. Add your seasoning and stir on medium heat until they are crispy and golden brown.
- If you don’t have pre-cooked quinoa then in a rice cooker or pot, follow the directions on the package to cook.
- Once they are ready, place them off to the side until the salad is ready.
- For the dressing, add all your ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Chop your romaine lettuce finely and add it into a bowl with your spinach.
- In a pan with some oil, toast your sunflower seeds until they are golden brown.
- Sprinkle your hemp seeds over your salad.
- Optional: Grill asparagus in a grill pan or sandwich grill until they have char marks, set them off to the side for plating.
- Finally add all the dressing, croutons, quinoa, and sunflower seeds to your salad bowl and mix thoroughly!
- Once everything is well coated with dressing, top off with your asparagus and parmesan and you are ready to eat!
Servings: Makes 2 servings.
Prep & Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Hope you enjoy this recipe, it is one of my new favorites!
*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using this link.