Happy Almost Thanksgiving!
My favorite thing about the holidays is making the Swedish recipes my mom taught me when I was little. Today’s recipe is chokladbollar! One of my favorite little treats! Super simple and uses a lot of ingredients you already have in your fridge!
Lets Get Started!
- 2 cups of gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of cane sugar
- 1/4 cup of cacao powder
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of coconut flakes (some extra for sprinkling)
- 2 tablespoons of coffee
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using this link.
- This recipe is relatively simple but to start off, add all your ingredients except for your chocolate chips into a mixing bowl. Mix well until everything is well combined.
- In a microwave safe dish, melt your chocolate chips down, and pour the chocolate into the batter. Mix until your batter is sticky.
- Make sure your hands are clean and moistened with some water (this helps the dough not stick) and roll the balls into equally sized balls.
- Pour some coconut flakes onto a plate and roll the balls into the coconut until they are completely covered. These balls are usually just decorated with coconut but I sometimes drizzle them with some melted chocolate or cover them in cacao nibs, it is up to you!
- Place the chocolate balls in the fridge for at least one hour to chill and then enjoy!!
Hope you enjoy this recipe!