Welcome to another summer recipe. Even though summer’s end is quickly approaching I still am cooking up “summer time” recipes most days so I thought I would share my new obsession. I have been eating this recipe for dinner a couple times a week and I can’t say enough about this extremely delicious but simple salad. It is my take on a vegan caprese salad! Let’s get into the recipe!
- 3-4 cups of sweet pea shoots
- 1 cup of sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup of sliced tomatoes (any kind will do)
- 6-8 tablespoons of fresh chopped basil leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of your favorite vegan feta or mozzarella, I used Kite Hills original almond cheese
- A drizzle of balsamic vineagar
- 2-3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Start off by washing and chopping your cucumber, tomatoes and basil leaves.
- Assemble your salad in a large bowl, add in the pea shoots, cucumber, tomatoes and basil leaves.
- Add your dressing and mix well.
- Lastly, crumble your cheese on top of your salad and serve!
Servings: Makes 2-4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Hope you enjoy this recipe and give it a try!
*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using this link.