This is a super simple, really delicious banana bread recipe! Usually I am not ll about making everything completely healthy when I bake (I like to use sugar etc) but I was going to make banana bread and I was out of sugar and decided to replace it with a couple dates… DRUMROLL… it tasted amazing!!! Just like sugar! (Now I sound like the people I used to not trust too ha!) But seriously, this recipe was just the right amount of sweet and really healthy and easy! I hope you enjoy!
Let’s get started!
Banana Bread: Vegan & Gluten/Sugar free!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 6 Medjool dates
- 1 “egg”(I use egg replacer and follow the instructions for 1 egg)
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of allspice
- 1 1/2 cup of gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of walnuts
- 1/4 cup of dairy free chocolate chips
- First off, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- On a cutting board chop up your Medjool dates as finely as you can, or you can also soak them in hot water and then blend them if you want the sweetness evenly distributed, I likes having the small pieces in the bread since the bananas are already so sweet.
- In a mixing bowl, start to mash up your bananas, once they are mashed add your wet ingredients(softened butter, egg replacer)and your dates. Mix thoroughly.
- Now you can fold in your dry ingredients (salt, flour, seasoning and baking powder).
- Once you have a smooth batter you can add walnuts/chocolates if you want or just keep it simple! I also melted some butter and mixed in cinnamon to pour over the dough (made it look similar to a marbled cake…yum).
- Pour the batter into a brownie dish (*If you are using a bread pan make sure you cook it for 55 minutes since it is deeper than a brownie pan*).
- Place your cake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. I left mine in for 30 minutes and it came out beautiful.
- Serve and enjoy!! Yippee for banana bread.
This recipe is great for breakfast, a snack or even dessert!