For most vegans I think finding the best mac & cheese recipe is the biggest quest. There are so many recipes out there, so many awesome ones and so many that just don’t work.
So today I bring to you the mac & cheese recipe that I swear by! It turns out well for me every time, I think the key is baking it. It is gooey and ooey on the inside but the flavors are more pronounced then just mixed in!
Hope you enjoy!
Let’s get started!!
BAKED Mac & Cheese
- 1 box of gluten-free elbow macaroni
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk (I used almond)
- 1 small vine tomatoe
- 2 yukon gold potatoes
- 1 carrot (or 10 baby carrots)
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary (fresh if you have it)
- 1 teaspoon of basil (fresh if you have it)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- To start of, get a pot with water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the carrot(s) and potatoes to the water and boil until fork tender.
- Then place the potato and carrots in your blender. You can now add your pasta into the same boiling water. (Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box)
- While the pasta is cooking add your tomato, non-dairy milk, nutritional yeast, seasonings and herbs to the blender. Blend until a smooth sauce forms.
- In an oven safe dish mix together your pasta with your cheesy sauce! Once it is all mixed together place in a 375 degree F oven for 20-25 minutes, or until slightly golden brown.
- Take your mac & cheese out and enjoy!!!
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes
*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using this link.
This is a delicious recipe and I am sure it will be a hit in your house too! Enjoy and as always happy cooking!!