I have a recipe for delicious flourless, gluten-free, paleo, vegan COOKIES!
I have been gluten-free for a long, long time and as I am sure you know, that cuts your dessert options in half. On top of that, I try to avoid any processed flours and to be honest, I haven’t found a cookie recipe using coconut, almond, or oat flour that I really like. So when I stumbled upon this recipe from Detoxinista for almond butter blondies, I couldn’t wait to try it! After a successful batch, I got inspired to turn the recipe into double chocolate chip cookies! Yum!
I made one batch of peanut butter cookies and one batch of almond butter cookies. For the almond butter cookies I used cacao powder to make them double chocolate chip! Just use your own cookie preferences to figure out what is best for you!
Let’s get into the recipe:
- 1 cup of almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder *optional
- 1/2 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of water (to create the chia “egg”)
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- splash of vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips or vegan nutella *optional
- Start by preheating your oven to 180 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together your water, chia seeds and vanilla. Give this a few minutes to turn into a gel like consistency.
- Once you have your chia egg ready, add in the rest of your ingredients and mix well.
- Form cookies on a lined baking sheet and place your toppings over top.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes and then let them cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Dig in!
Servings: Makes 6-8 cookies
Prep & Cook time: 15 minutes
Hope you try this one out, and can’t express how good this little cooks are!
Original Recipe: Detoxinista
*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using this link.