I am so excited to share this recipe today! Mashed potatoes are such a classic and delicious recipe! As a vegan I think it is important to have versions of your favorite comfort foods made vegan! Anything potato does it for me. I was just telling Mitch today that if I could eat one junk food everyday without the consequences it would be anything potato. Fries, chips, mashed, baked, you name it! Let’s get into the recipe!
- 8 red potatoes
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons of non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon of vegan mayo
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon of Nutritonal Yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using this link.
- To start off, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and wash your potatoes. Then cube your potatoes so they cook faster in the boiling water. You can also peel your potatoes, I just prefer to have the skin on!
- Place your potatoes in the boiling water and let them cook for 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- When they are for tender you can drain your potatoes and set them back in the pot.
- To your potatoes, add in your non-dairy milk of choice, vegan butter, vegan mayo, Nutritional Yeast, salt and pepper.
- Using a masher or a large fork mash your potatoes and ingredients till you have the consistency you desire. I like to keep my mashed potatoes slightly on the chunkier side, I think it adds more textures with the skin and garlic!
- Next, we are going to prep our final two ingredients. Garlic and chives! Take your cloves of garlic and you can either press them through a garlic press or smash them onto your cutting board (using the side of your knife) until they become a chunky paste. Add the garlic into your potatoes and mix well.
- Lastly, thinly chop your chives and add them into your potatoes, save a pinch for garnishing your potatoes. Mix your potatoes well and place them into a serving dish of your choice. garnish with the rest of the chopped chives and serve!
Servings: Makes 4 servings
Prep&Cook Time: 35 minutes
Hope you enjoy this recipe & try it out!